Systems Support Tier 2 Technicians are an integral part of the success that encompasses the SOC Infrastructure team within the company. System Tier 2 Techs are responsible for tickets regarding our client’s infrastructure that require escalation to a specialist level technician.
They are responsible for ensuring critical issues are resolved to client satisfaction, meeting service level agreements. This position is a hands-on technical role that comes with many benefits such as working with an innovative team, a strong focus on goal achievement, integrating the latest technologies and working in an ever changing fast-paced environment.
Provide effective and efficient 2nd level response fault/ticket and management of the company’s external and internal Customers, resolve 2nd level issues and escalate issues to T3 Support Technicians.
Main responsibilities also include:
- Network monitoring
- Provide effective and quick response
- Clear and consistent internal and external communications
- Responsible for in depth customer issues
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Monitoring of the network (Dude/UNMS)
- Monitoring of Tickets hourly (DataTill)
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time.
- Maintenance of the network
- Monitoring of alerts (DataTill & Preseem)
- Provide comprehensive technical support of Voice/Mobile Data/IP services, including troubleshooting, analysis, resolution, and technical escalations.
- Manage and comply to internal and external escalations timeframes
- Keep monitoring sites up to date on site information and changes
Helpdesk In-bound Response:
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Adhere to customer SLA MTTR (respond)
- Update customer hourly and ensure all tickets are updated with accurate information (RFO)
- Respond in a timely fashion to trouble-tickets submitted to the call centre queue for support and ensure all trouble tickets are closed to quality standards
- Take ownership of systems tickets until resolution or escalation
- Ensure all tickets are updated with accurate information
- Be an escalation point for Tier 1 technicians
- Information received from T1 should be used to quickly resolve any issues
- This information needs to be recorded into the issue tracking or issue logging system
- It is important that the technician review the work order to see what has already been accomplished by the T1 technician and how long the technician has been working with the particular customer.
- If a problem is new and/or personnel from this group cannot determine a solution, they are responsible for raising this issue to the Tier 3 technical support group
- Keep record on behalf of SOC Supervisor on all SLA customers downtime and high site outages
- Key element in meeting both the customer and business needs as it allows the technician to prioritize the troubleshooting process and properly manage his or her time.
- Providing Internal IT support
- Responding and Managing of any manage services (Meraki/Unifi)
- Frequent updates internally and externally
Admin / General:
- RFO up to date on ticket
- Ensure CRM system is up to date
- Complete Time sheets
- Follow policies and procedures
- Matric/Grade 12 certificate
- CompTIA A+, N+ and/or any other similar I.T. qualification
- MTCNA and/or MTCRE
- 2-5 years’ experience in the Telecommunications service sector.
- 2-5 years’ experience in Desktop support.
- Experience with FreePBX and Asterisks
- Experience with VoIP and Telephony
- Basic understanding of OSPF and routing
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving
- IT and/or Networking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, sales, vendors and peers
- Team player required: must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive customer experience and atmosphere in the workplace.
All applications should include a copy of your CV, a recent photograph and salary details and must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org