Reporting Line: Chief Medical Advisor
This role focuses on optimizing risk profits from risk products for all business entities in the Group from a medical evaluation perspective. This necessitates continued research and development; assisting with the establishing of underwriting and claims assessment policies, assisting with product design, development and pricing, as well as doing quality control of risk ratings by the underwriting and claims teams.
- Delivery of professional and effective corporate medical services regarding:
- The assessment of disability-, dread disease-, functional impairment-, and sickness benefit claims;
- Interpretation of exercise ECG’s, lung function tests, and pathology results;
- Research and training of underwriters and claims assessors;
- Assisting with underwriting queries;
- Assistance with product design and product development;
- Marketing assistance through presentations to salesforce.
· MB ChB degree;
· Registered with the HPCSA;
· Compliance with the Continued Professional Development system.
· Certification in emergency medicine or ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) / ACLS (Advanced Acute Life Support)
· At least 5 years post-graduate clinical experience.
· Familiarity with epidemiology and statistics will be an advantage.
· Experience in insurance or in health management care environment will be advantageous
· Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills;
· Client Service Orientation;
· Conceptual thinking with an ability to interpret business processes;
· Self-motivated with a focus on delivery;
· Team Orientated;
· Ability to work well under pressure;
· Computer Literacy.