We are currently recruiting for an experienced Maintenance Electrician for our client based in the Atlantis area of Cape Town
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To maintain, improve and monitor performance of all electrical and electronic installations with the aim to maximise equipment productivity and reduce expenditure by continues improvement.
- Monitoring and maintaining electrical panels and wiring reticulation
- Maintain and monitor all PLCs’ and connectivity within the SCADA network
- Assist with problem solving in event of electrical/electronic breakdown including production equipment, lab equipment, solar and SCADA systems
- Design and implement electrical systems including first line electronic systems, building and integrating with upgrade and project teams
- Monitoring all electrical equipment including drives, motors, sensors and electrically assisted and controlled mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- Ensure compliance of installed electrical network
- Drive down electrical consumption – investigating systems to control peak demand and consumption
- Liaise with the CoCT on load curtailment and load shedding processes and compliance thereof.
- Monitor and oversee medium voltage transformers, switchgear and controls
- Manage the electrical side of the generator and its switch gear
- Liaise with external PLC and programming expertise to execute timeous fault finding repairs and upgrades
- Service basic electrical installations including lighting, aircon, compressed air, air driers, extrusion equipment and lab equipment.
- Assist with computer, telephone and office equipment network wiring and architecture – also liaising with service providers in this regard
- Certified electrician for all connections and disconnections during planned and unplanned maintenance.
- Ensure safe working environment around electrical installations by preventative processes to remove risk of shock or fire.
- Oversee and execute electrical preventative guidelines as outlined per insurance risk assessment.
- Assist with mechanical repair and upgrade projects during both planned and unplanned stoppages on all production lines
- Coordinate electrical/electronic refurbishment of existing equipment, inclusive of the computer software and hardware execution
- Qualified Electrician
- Mechanical experience
- Computer literate
- Code 08 driver’s licence and own reliable transport.
- Reliable, conscientious and hardworking.
- Good organizational and housekeeping skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of general engineering.
- Sound knowledge of the Occupation Health and Safety act.
- Knowledge of protective equipment.
- Contactable at any time within reason and be on standby when required.
Please note that contact will only be made with candidates who meet the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from us within three working days, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
Sharable Vacancy Link: https://www.glasshouserecruiting.co.za/?post_type=noo_job&p=19254&preview=true