QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate with passes in Maths(not Maths literacy) and Science.
- Scientific background in chemistry, engineering, or environmental science either through academics OR industry experience. A relevant post-matric or tertiary qualification will be advantageous.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION
- To execute short term and long term development activities according to the plan for the Research & Development department.
- To evaluate new and existing products using statistical data or similar analytical tools.
- To measure, evaluate and report on product performance data over time.
- To ensure that all assigned work is delivered in a timely manner and all associated requirements, objectives and targets are fully met.
- To communicate appropriately with other laboratory functions, i.e. the Quality Control, Quality Assurance as well as the commercial teams. This includes using the R&D procedures and systems and appropriate reporting in line with the R&D ISO9001 procedures.
- Assists production department with manufacture of new products (first runs and pilot batches).
- To assist in ensuring that scaled formulations are production ready.
- To perform any other tasks reasonably requested to meet team and business objectives.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively – verbally and in writing – with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to interpret and analyse data and produce clear, concise reports for use across the company.
- Quality conscious.
- Accurate and methodical approach to work.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Team Worker.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise a demanding workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Should you wish to apply for this position, kindly forward a copy of your CV along with a recent photograph and expected salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org