This role focuses on New Flavour Development (includes sourcing raw materials and formulation/development of new flavours), reformulation/improvement of existing flavours, project management, quality control and standards compliance
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of new flavours based on product strategy, industry trends and research and development. This will include complying to the company gate-processes for New Product Development. You will be responsible for project management of the entire New Flavour Development process
- Conducting and coordinating sensory panels for the testing of flavours for market.
- Complying with company standards for ingredients, process and quality assurance.
- Reformulating or improving existing flavours as required.
- Research and development of new raw materials, by way of sourcing, procurement, testing and qualifying for intended use in our products
- Consistent & effective communication between all relevant parties throughout the process from formulation approval to on-counter; i.e. manufacturers, marketing and procurement. This will include maintaining relationships with local and international manufacturers and suppliers, and will include local and international traveling when required
- Ensuring each new flavour conforms to health & safety standards. This will include ensuring all necessary testing is done at manufacturers prior to final approval
- Ensuring consistency of sensory profile for finished product, batch after batch. All new flavours will need to be tested at the manufacturer prior to bottling
- Ordering bestselling competitor product samples for control and comparison
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and competitors, nationally and internationally via expo/store visits and research
- Involvement in the creation of marketing and/or training material for products
- Creation and handover of all flavour related information to manufacturer
- Attendance of trade shows either in the capacity of guest or as company representative
- Administrative tasks, as and when requested as part of the Twisp-BAT integration/merge process to ensure standards are met. This will include, but is not limited to, gathering information from ingredient suppliers and manufacturers as and when requested
- Experience in flavour Research and development process.
- A flair for flavour and aroma is essential, as well as being familiar with both local and international flavour brands and trends
- Strong creative sensorial ability and intuition.
- Ability to research and assimilate new ideas and information.
- Strong organizational skills, to be able to deliver on a deadline.
- Stay up-to-date of current, and upcoming industry and global flavour trends.
- Ability to procure flavour samples and R&D components from local and international suppliers.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity.
- Dynamic, high energy levels and drive.
- Strong team player, but also have the ability to work independently.
- Work accurately, meticulous and high attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Fluent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Deadline and action focused.
- Customer service orientated.
- Strong administration skills.
- Ability to travel to trade shows, other BAT global sites.
- Ability to travel to local manufacturers and suppliers – Own car and license.
- Respect the importance of confidentiality
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Chemical Engineering, Food Science Degree or other relevant scientific discipline.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience formulating liquids.
- Experience in the vaping industry.
To apply for this position, kindly forward your CV to email@example.com
- Address Cape Town