An exciting opportunity has become available for a Group Catering Manager with our client, a reputable and established Hospital / Healthcare group based in Cape Town
The Catering Manager’s Key Outputs include:
(But are not limited to)
- Plan all work to be done, establish the policies and procedures and state in writing the expected qualitative and quantitative standards for the use of all management resources.
- Organise and coordinate the personnel, the supplies and equipment toward the achievement of a successful food service operation.
- Supervise and delegate at the various stages of the foodservice operation. I.e. ordering, receiving, storing of goods, issuing, preparation, cooking, serving, cleaning, disposals, etc.
- Exercise control over all the procedures, safety procedures, shift co-ordination, leave procedures, hygiene and cleaning standards and procedures, financial control and security procedures
- Motivate and lead personnel in all the areas of the foodservice operation.
- Maintain good public relations between management, staff, customers and patients.
- Develop and conduct training programs for all personnel as dictated by the changing needs of the Organisation
- Advise and counsel personnel regarding personal and working circumstances.
- Check that the orders for non-perishable commodities are placed weekly, and that the orders for perishable commodities are placed as per the policy
- Check that the supervisors have completed the production schedule correctly and totalled the figures accurately for breakfast, lunch and supper
- Check that the supervisors phone the wards half an hour before dishing up time for any extras that may be needed for each meal
- Ensure that the supervisors are present at the conveyor belt at all dish up times and that he/she is the last person in the line to check the tray before it is sent up to the wards – It is the responsibility of the Catering Manager and the Administrator to be at the belt to check
- Ensure that the supervisors check the night food schedule and the plating of these meals, and that a system is put into place to control the issuing of these meals.
- Ensure that the supervisors / store man checks the stock levels daily
- Ensure that the stock take is done weekly (according to the schedule set by the head office)
- Ensure that all the equipment and the entire kitchen are cleaned daily and hygiene standards are maintained
- Ensure that the store man keeps his admin work up to date and that he maintains a high standard of neatness and organisation in the storeroom at all times
- The Catering Manager handles all special functions and should manage and coordinate such tasks efficiently
- Ensure that all stock items are issued according to recipes and portion specs and that all products are used effectively to limit wastage in the kitchen
- Ensure that the set budget is managed at all times and must work with the Group Catering Manager
Inherent Requirements include:
- Food Service Management Diploma
- 10 years’ experience as a Food Service Manager
- Creativity, i.e. for special functions
- Knowledge of all phases of the technical operation
- The ability to organise and plan successfully
- The ability to analyse problems and solve them successfully
Should you meet the above requirements, we urge you to please apply by forwarding your CV along with any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are welcome to apply via Pnet using this link: Pnet – Group Catering Manager (CPT)
Should you know of anyone who might be interested in applying for this position, you can share this post with them using this link: GHR – Catering Manager (Cape Town)
Should you not hear from a recruiter within two to three workings days, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
While we aim to communicate with each candidate, be their application successful or note, it is often possible that we might’ve overlooked your application – in this case; you are welcome to follow up by emailing the provided email address regarding progress on your application – you are also welcome to contact our office on 021 554 5309