BRANCH MANAGER JOB PURPOSE
The Branch Manager is the custodian of all system processes in the branch and has oversight over the flow of all supporting documentation to ensure accuracy, integrity, and audit traceability
The Branch Manager will provide HR, Finance, ICT, and related support and assistance in the branch, and ensure that the daily operational responsibilities of the branch are carried out according to the company’s policies, guidelines, and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree / diploma in Management or similar, with a minimum of 5 years’ management experience.
- At least 5 years relevant supervisory experience.
- Strong administrative and inventory management experience.
- Management experience within the FMCG, retail or wholesale environment is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and standard office equipment and systems.
- Proficiency with Pastel is preferred
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Operations / Stock Control
- The Branch Manager is responsible to ensure that all processes, procedures and requirements of the warehouse SOP be strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that all stock in the warehouse corresponds with Pastel at all times.
- Authorize the correct volume and categories of donated and procured stock to be allocated, and sign the original Pastel delivery note. Such documentation must be filed in the designated filing system for review.
- Provide accurate monthly reports pertaining to the food volume and categories for donated and procured food.
- Ensure that the integrity of the data being processed in Pastel is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure that all inbound stock is properly checked and captured in Pastel (GRV process) on the day it is received.
- Ensure that all outbound stock is accurately processed in Pastel (Pastel Delivery Note process), before this stock is dispatched / leaves the warehouse. Manual processes may only be implemented once permission from the National Office has been obtained in writing in advance timeously.
- Monitor stock levels, carry out risk audits, and conduct weekly and monthly stock accuracy checks, and produce the necessary reports, filed in a designated filing system and update weekly. Take corrective action as and when necessary.
- Produce weekly exception reports, report any stock discrepancies immediately, and explain / account for the reasons for variances. These reports must be forwarded to the National Office weekly, and filed in a designated filing system.
- Ensure that the relevant staff monitor the expiration dates of donated and procured stock, and ensure that all stock is distributed well in advance of their expiry dates, to ensure that no stock is wasted or discarded.
- Confirm the quantity of the stock received before accepting / signing the consignment, and ensure that the quality of outbound stock is of an acceptable / good quality.
- Stock donated to beneficiary Organisations must only be booked out / distributed once you have received the required documentation – a copy of the organization’s NPO certificate, proof of payment of fees, and any other relevant information that may be required from time to time. Such documents must be filed in the designated filing system, along with a copy of the signed and stamped Pastel Delivery Note for internal and external audit purposes.
- Report immediately, in writing, any interruptions or faults relating to internet connectivity, equipment, Pastel etc.
- Ensure that the warehouse staff execute their physical and system processes daily, and that these processes are adhered to.
- Manage and provide guidance, assistance, and support to the warehouse staff as and when needed.
- Ensure that all critical process related documents are accounted for by implementing proper document control and filing processes and or systems.
- Implement proactive controls to mitigate stock risk / shrinkage, capturing errors, and document incompletion.
- Co-ordinate the safe and efficient movement and storage of food, including monitoring of and adherence to established procedures.
- Implement proactive controls for staff training and development, process speed, overall system integrity, safe, efficient and effective segregation of duties.
- Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are implemented and that these files are updated regularly.
- Schedule health and safety meetings on a monthly basis, and record these meetings in writing, filed in the designated filing system.
- Oversee the purchasing process for non-stock branch purchases timeously.
- Open and close the branch according to stipulated times. Written permission must be requested for deviations.
- Ensure that all donated food items are defaced properly before distribution.
- Oversee the food sorting process, ensuring that only good quality food is passed.
- Ensure a timely, quality, efficient and effective execution of all the warehouse functions / processes.
Fleet / Equipment / Fuel Management
- Ensure that all equipment is regularly serviced and maintained, as per the manufacturer specifications and requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles are serviced according to stipulated service intervals and manufacturers’ requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles licenses are current, and that renewals take place at least one month before expiry. Ensure that all the necessary and relevant documents are obtained from the National Office timeously, and filed in a designated filing system.
- Ensure drivers have a valid driver’s license and PDP.
- Ensure that all the necessary quotes (three quotes) for repairs are obtained timeously and that authorization is obtained prior to effecting repairs. Ensure that repairs are done within a reasonable time. Ensure that all the necessary and relevant documents are filed in a designated filing system.
- Monitor the fuel usage and ensure that this cost remains within budget.
- Implement least-cost routing for all collections and deliveries. Obtain written authorization for deviations from approved routes.
- Run daily Ctrack reports for all vehicles, ensuring that only authorized routes are followed at all times. Ensure that all the necessary and relevant documents are filed in a designated filing system and updated regularly for audit purposes.
- Ensure that all vehicle policies, procedures, and requirements are adhered to at all times.
Beneficiary Organisation Management
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with beneficiary Organisations.
- Compile a monthly BO distribution in advance and schedule collections with beneficiary Organisations in advance.
- Schedule a general meeting with all beneficiary Organisations each quarter, and submit the meeting minutes and agenda to the National Office timeously. Ensure that this documentation is also filed.
- Permission from the National Office must be requested / motivated for the supply of ad-hoc donations to beneficiaries.
- Submit the monthly branch report to the National Office.
- Submit weekly cyclical and monthly stock reports relating to stock movement and provide information on discrepancies.
- Prepare / compile relevant reports to donors, suppliers, stakeholders timeously.
- Compile reports for the National Office as and when needed.
- Provide accurate reports regarding data, statistics, and food distributed to beneficiary Organisations, as and when needed.
- Update the branch assets register monthly, and send this to the national office timeously, detailing any variances.
Donors / Suppliers / Stakeholders
- Maintain good working relationships with donors, suppliers, government department representatives, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that orders with suppliers are placed a month in advance, and allow sufficient time for authorization from the National Office.
- Ensure that all documentation from suppliers / donors is forwarded to the National Office within the required period.
- Ensure that all documentation relating to S18A Certificates reaches the National Office within 24 hours after receiving them.
- Address and resolve donor enquiries and complaints timeously
- Compile reports as and when necessary
- Work within national operations guidelines and approved budgets
- Implement the national strategy within your branch
Human Resources Management
- Conduct probation and KPI reviews as and when needed by the national office.
- Ensure that the HR files are up to date at all times, and that it contains all the relevant information, and available when needed for review.
- Ensure the efficient and accurate recording of timesheets of staff, and that these documents are filed.
- Compose all branch rosters including leave planning and December office closure arrangements timeously.
- Keep all records of staff annual leave, sick leave etc., and send the relevant forms and payroll information to the National Office timeously.
- Manage all HR queries.
- Submit leave requests to National Office one month in advance.
- Monthly payroll input
- Ensure that all staff have up-to-date signed contracts and job descriptions.
- Ensure that staff have a good understanding of policies, including HR, Finance and ICT.
- Ensure that staff have a full induction when they commence employment, this will include time spent at beneficiary Organisations.
- Advise staff on all the company benefits available to them.
- Send documentation to the National Office once an employee commences employment i.e. personal details form, new member forms etc.
- Work with the HR Manager regarding various HR requirements.
- Conduct disciplinary hearings and staff counselling sessions.
- Take minutes at disciplinary interviews and enquiries.
- Ensure that all copies of disciplinary documentation are sent to the HR department after the documents have been signed, and that a copy is on file.
- Submit a disciplinary action report on a monthly basis to the National Office.
- Advise line managers on correct HR procedures.
- Co-ordinate training within the branch and ensure that all relevant documentation is submitted to the National Office timeously.
- Send termination documents to the National Office once an employee decides to exit E.g. Resignation / termination letter etc.
- Ensure that the recruitment and selection process is followed through correctly.
- Keep track of new staff probation periods / review meetings, and ensure that line managers are meeting with new staff.
- Ensure that employees that exit FFSA have gone through an exit interview process.
- Keep the branch organogram up-to-date.
- Ensure that all supplier invoices are properly authorized, have order numbers, and are verified.
- Ensure all supplier invoices reach the National Office within required deadlines.
- Complete the petty cash reconciliation weekly, and submit this to the National Office every Monday for the previous week, and the month-end submission by the end of the 1st working day of the new month.
- Highlight any inconsistencies regarding supplier invoices to the National Office timeously.
- Update the branch assets register monthly, and send this to the national office timeously, detailing any variances.
- Provide first-line support in terms of the ICT structure within the branch.
- Escalate / report issues timeously to the System Administrator / ICT Manager at National Office. (I.e. fax, printer, Internet and telephone problems) etc.
- Passion for working in NPO sector and making a difference.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail, maintain focus on tasks and produce accurate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Make presentations and develop reports as needed.
- Must be able to pass criminal background checks and credit reference.
- The highest level of personal integrity is essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Be a creative problem-solver with strong organizational, planning, anticipatory management skills, able to handle multiple priorities and effectively work with a diverse team.
Should you meet the above requirements, we urge you to please apply by forwarding your CV along with any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact will only be made with shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful